Now that we have Vegan Chick’n, let’s make Chick’n nuggets!
If you haven’t checked it out yet, I just updated the recipe for this Vegan Chick’n recipe with gram measurements, new tips, and a new video! This recipe is just perfect to make crispy chicken nuggets that are super tender and meaty. Let’s do it!
First, you want to shred your vegan chick’n into large bite-size pieces. You can make them long or short, it doesn’t really matter.
Once this is done, let’s prepare our coating: breadcrumbs, flour, smoked paprika, ground black pepper, and salt. At this point, feel free to add your favorite spices. Cumin, chili, rosemary, the possibilities are endless!
To coat our chick’n, we start by dipping it into a cornstarch mixture that replaces the eggs. Then, coat with the breadcrumb mixture and repeat one more time. You will coat each piece of chick’n twice for a super crispy crust!
Finally, fry for a couple of minutes, or until golden brown and enjoy warm with your favorite dipping sauce!
I have yet to try baking instead of frying, so I will make sure to update the recipe once done, however frying probably gives the best results in term of texture and flavor.
I hope you will love these chick’n nuggets! They are sooo tender and meaty on the inside, and super crispy on the outside!
I served these with a spicy mustard dipping sauce, but ketchup, sriracha, or mayo works as well.
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Crispy Vegan Chick'n Nuggets
- 9 ounces vegan chick'n
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp hot sauce use your favorite one
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Start with one loaf of vegan chick'n. Using your hands, shred it into large bite-size pieces. You should end up with 8-12 pieces depending on their size. Set aside.
- Whisk together the water, hot sauce, and cornstarch in a bowl until the cornstarch is fully dissolved. In another bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, flour, smoked paprika, salt, ground black pepper, and baking powder.
- Working with one piece of chick'n at a time, dip it into the cornstarch mixture, then transfer to the breadcrumbs and stir to coat. Dip back into the cornstarch mixture, and one last time into the breadcrumbs bowl. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining chick'n pieces.
- Heat about 1 cup of oil in a deep sauce pan. Once the oil is hot, fry 2-3 chick'n nuggets at a time for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oil and transfer to a plate lined with parchment paper to remove excess oil. Repeat with the remaining nuggets.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce!
Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Taste and adjust sweetness and spiciness to your liking.