One pan and 45 minute is all you need to make this vibrant and comforting sheet-pan.
Sheet pan roasted vegetables are something I do quite often, it’s great for meal prep and takes very little active time to make. This one makes use of seasonal vegetables like parsnips, fennel, beets, and Brussel sprouts.
In my opinion, roasted veggies should always come with a dipping sauce. It’s mandatory. This winter vegetable sheet-pan comes with a smoky (and seriously delicious) orange tahini coconut yogurt sauce.
Making this sheet-pan could not be easier. You peel and cut all your veggies and spread them on a baking sheet.
Then it’s time to season: a drizzle of olive oil, a teaspoon of rosemary, and a pinch of salt and chili. To slightly caramelize the veggies, I also added a teaspoon of coconut sugar and a squeeze of orange juice. Toss to coat and throw everything in the oven.
Roast for about 30 minutes and you end up with beautiful golden brown winter vegetables!
While your veggies are in the oven you prepare the orange tahini sauce. Coconut yogurt makes the base, then tahini adds creaminess and a nutty flavor, orange juice + zest for extra flavor and sweetness, garlic, and finally smoked paprika for smokiness. If you like cardamom I suggest adding a pinch of it too, it goes very well with the orange. This sauce balances perfectly with the earthiness of the root vegetables.
If you are looking for an easy, quick, and flavorful recipe for a week-night dinner, this sheet pan won’t disappoint. Plus it’s great for meal prep, the veggies are also delicious eaten cold. Serve with some kind of plant-based protein on the side for a complete meal!
If you are looking for another sheet pan recipe, check out this Crispy Tofu Veggie Sheet Pan with Thai Hummus!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Sheet-Pan Roasted Rosemary Winter Vegetables
- 1 parsnip peeled and chopped
- 2 beets peeled and sliced
- 1 fennel bulb sliced
- 1 cup Brussel sprouts halved
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp chili
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
Orange Tahini Dipping Sauce
- 1/3 cup coconut yogurt (or other non-dairy yogurt)
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 small clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1/8 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- a pinch of cardamom
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add the chopped parsnip, beets, fennel, Brussel sprouts, carrots, and garlic to a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, orange juice, and sprinkle with the rosemary, chili, coconut sugar, and salt.
- Toss to coat the veggies with the oil and spices. Try to arrange the veggies into an even layer. You can top with a few orange slices for more flavor.
- Roast for about 30 minutes, or until the veggies are golden brown. I found 30 minutes to be perfect to get the veggies cooked but still slightly crunchy. You might have to adjust the baking time depending on your oven and the size of your veggies.
- Remove from the oven, let cool a few minutes and serve with the orange tahini dipping sauce! Roasted veggies will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator, you can reheat them or enjoy chilled.
Orange Tahini Dipping Sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Taste and adjust saltiness and spiciness to your liking. This sauce is best served the same day.