One full meal. One sheet. 30 Minutes.
This is what this recipe is all about. An easy, quick, and satisfying sheet pan that features crispy tofu, roasted sweet potatoes, red bell pepper, broccoli, zucchini, and cashews! Obviously, the veggies you use are fully customizable.
The dipping sauce is a 1-minute Thai-spiced hummus. It’s basically plain hummus mixed with soy sauce, green curry paste, and drizzle with toasted sesame oil. Just these three ingredients take your boring hummus (okay, hummus is never boring) to the next level.
This recipe could not be easier, it’s just a matter of cutting + seasoning + baking. It’s the perfect recipe to have a weeknight dinner, plus leftover keep very well and are delicious cold!
I already said it, but let me do it once again: this recipe is super easy. You press the tofu for 30 minutes to remove excess moisture, or to speed up the process use extra firm tofu. Then toss with cornstarch, ground chili and sea salt. To get the tofu crispy on the outside I used a Teaspoon of Spice’s method, which consists of preheating the oven with a baking sheet in, then pour in some oil and toss the tofu in oil. This way the tofu becomes perfectly crispy without having to deep fry it.
For the veggies, cut them into chunks, season with soy sauce, basil, and toasted sesame oil. You are already almost done!
The final step is to bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are soft on the inside and the tofu crispy. While it’s baking, prepare the hummus dipping sauce. Mix plain hummus (or may I recommend my caramelized shallot hummus?) with soy sauce and green curry paste. Then drizzle with toasted sesame oil for a nutty flavor.
You can serve the crispy tofu and roasted veggies as is with the hummus, or with a green salad on the side. What’s great about this recipe is that it keeps very well and leftovers can be eaten cold the next day. Perfect for meal prep!
This pan sheet recipe is perfect for a quick and satisfying lunch or dinner, plus it’s super versatile since you can use any veggie you have on hand. Did I mention each serving boasts 20g of protein!?
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
- 9-ounces (250g) firm tofu, drained and pressed for 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp ground chili
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced or diced
- 1 small sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Place a baking sheet in the oven.
- Meanwhile, cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes. Transfer to a large plate or baking dish. Top with cornstarch, ground chili, and sea salt. Mix until the tofu is well coated on each face. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the diced red peppers, sweet potato, zucchini, broccoli florets, and cashews. Stir in the soy sauce, dried basil, ground cumin, and one tablespoon of sesame oil. Mix well.
- Remove the hot baking sheet from the oven. Pour in one tablespoon of sesame oil and tilt the baking sheet with a circular motion to spread the oil. Add the tofu and toss in the oil using a wooden spatula. Push the tofu on a side of the baking sheet, leaving space for the veggies.
- Transfer the veggies to the baking sheet, making sure they don’t touch the tofu (this is essential to get crispy tofu).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are soft. Tofu will crisp up a bit more after baking. Serve with the Thai hummus dip and rice or quinoa on the side. If you want, drizzle veggies with lime juice.
- Roasted veggies and tofu will keep for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Reheat gently on the stove or oven, or eat cold.
- Transfer the hummus to a small bowl. Stir in the soy sauce and green curry paste, and mix well until fully combined. Taste and add more curry paste if needed. Drizzle with a tablespoon of toasted sesame oil and use as a dip for the roasted tofu and veggies.
- Serving Size: 1 (with hummus)
- Calories: 498
- Sugar: 7.1g
- Fat: 33g
- Carbohydrates: 36.8g
- Fiber: 7.2g
- Protein: 20.2g