Crunchy and perfectly herby vegan crackers! Flavored with rosemary, thyme, miso, onion powder, and a hint of vinegar for some tanginess! These plant-based crackers make a delicious savory snack that you can enjoy as is or with your favorite dip!
Coming to you with these amazingly herby vegan crackers! The perfect accompaniment to hummus, cream cheese, baba ganoush, and more!
These thin and crispy crackers are loaded with dried herbs, garlic, and packed with umami! Plus they require just 30 minutes to prepare and require no chilling. Let's do it!
🧀 How to Make Herb Crackers
These crackers require just 12 ingredients and about 30 minutes to prepare. Here is what you will need:
- All-purpose flour - To keep the recipe simple, we will be using regular all-purpose flour. If you want to make these gluten-free, a 1:1 gluten-free flour mix should work.
- Herbs - To add flavor to the crackers, I went with a combination of three dried herbs: rosemary, thyme, and basil. You can obviously switch up the herbs to your liking!
- Miso - For saltiness, a hint of sweetness, and umami.
- Onion and garlic powder
- Baking powder - To help the crackers rise a bit.
- Vegan butter - You can use store-bought vegan butter or homemade vegan butter. While I haven't personally tried yet, I think this recipe should work with coconut oil as well.
- White vinegar - For a subtle tangy flavor. You can use balsamic vinegar if you want the crackers to be slightly less tangy and a bit sweeter.
It starts with the dry ingredients that we mix together in a bowl. First comes the flour, then the dried herbs, onion and garlic powder, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
Next, add the softened butter, vinegar, and miso paste. Knead everything until it forms a dough. You can use a stand-mixer or your hands for this step.
Flatten the dough between two sheets of parchment paper into a ⅛-inch thickness. You want the crackers to be very thin (for a light and crunchy texture!).
Finally, cut the dough into small squares. The shape actually doesn't really matter, you can cut them into squares, rectangles, rounds, etc. It's up to you!
Quick tip: you can brush the crackers with melted vegan butter if you want them to be richer and more shiny.
Bake the crackers for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges. Finish with a sprinkle of sea salt and enjoy!
🥯 What to Serve with These Crackers
These herb crackers make the perfect accompaniment to your favorite savory dip like vegan cream cheese, eggplant dip, or even red bell pepper dip! These are also delicious as is, served as a savory snack with some cocktails or drinks!
If you like Italian seasoning, you are going to love these crackers! They are tangy, herby, and perfectly salty!
🫕 More Savory Snack Recipes
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Easy Herb Crackers
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon miso
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter softened
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 °F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a mixing bowl, add the flour, dried herbs, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Add the miso, softened butter, and vinegar. Knead until it forms a dough. Feel free to use your hands to mix everything together. The dough should be soft and just very slightly sticky. If it appears too sticky, add a few extra tablespoons of flour. On the opposite, if the dough appears too dry, add an extra teaspoon or two of vinegar.
- Place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper and slightly flatten it with your hands. Top with another sheet of parchment paper and flatten the dough into a ⅛-inch thickness (2-3mm) using a rolling pin.
- Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut the dough into small rectangles of about 1x1-inch. Carefully transfer the thin rectangles to the prepared baking sheet. Note: the crackers won't spread so there is no need to leave a lot of space between each one.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes, or until crackers are slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes before enjoying!
- Serve crackers with vegan cream cheese, hummus, or as a savory snack with drinks! These crackers will keep for up to 4 days stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
- If you want, you can use a fork to make some indentations on the edges of the crackers, this is purely for decoration.
- Before baking, you can brush the crackers with melted vegan butter or with almond milk.
Do u have to use miso what does ot do for the cracker
You can omit it. It brings extra saltiness and a bit more flavor 🙂
What have you made! It looks amazing! Can’t wait to try this recipe with my bestie 🙂
Hope you will like the recipe Mia!