Got a bunch of asparagus and 30 minutes?
This delicious dip is garlicky, packed with roasted asparagus and makes a great summer appetizer! Let’s dip into it!
It all starts with the asparagus that are lightly coated with oil and salt. Then, to bring out their delicious flavor, we roast them in the oven until tender and just slightly brown.
Next, transfer the roasted asparagus to a blender and add soaked cashews that will bring richness and creaminess to the dip.
Quick tip: reserve a couple of roasted asparagus. Cut them into bite size pieces and use as a topping for your dip later!
To add flavor, we add nutritional yeast, garlic, salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lime for freshness. Blend blend blend until smooth and the dip is ready!
The asparagus flavor is there without being overpowering thanks for the addition of cashews.
Serve this dip warm or chilled (I personally prefer chilled) with crunchy raw veggies like carrots, cucumber, bell peppers, or tortilla chips!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Roasted Asparagus Dip
- 18 ounces green asparagus
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight and drained
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt add more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and drain the asparagus. Cut off the ends of the asparagus (about 1-inch) and discard. Transfer the trimmed asparagus to the baking sheet and drizzle with the oil. Add the salt and toss to coat.
- Bake for about 14 minutes, or until the base of the asparagus can easily be pierce with a fork. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, lime juice, salt, ground black pepper, water, and roasted asparagus to a blender. Blend on high-speed for 10-20 seconds or until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Serve warm with raw vegetables (carrots are great) or tortilla chips. Alternatively, this dip can also be served chilled, the asparagus flavor will be a bit less dominant.
- This asparagus dip will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.