Now that we know how to make candied ginger, let’s put it to use!
This moist and tender pumpkin bread is loaded with chopped candied ginger that bring a zesty and spicy flavor, as well as some chew. We also included chocolate chips for extra deliciousness.
This pumpkin bread screams Fall, plus it’s plant-based and gluten-free!
🥣 How to Make Vegan Pumpkin Bread
Start by mixing all of the flours and spices in a large bowl. We went with a combination of oat flour, almond flour, and rice flour. It’s the mix of all of these flours that gives the cake a soft and moist texture.
Then, for the spices, we have ground cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. You can substitute those spices for 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.
To sweeten, we use coconut sugar, that also brings a delicate caramel flavor that pairs so well with the pumpkin!
Finally, stir in chopped candied ginger and chocolate chips, pour into a loaf pan, and bake for about 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Can I use all-purpose flour? While we haven’t tried, we think this recipe will work if you substitute all-purpose flour for the oat and rice flour. You should keep the almond flour that gives the bread a richer and moister texture.
- Can I use store-bought candied ginger? Definitely! If you want to save time, buy candied ginger and cut it into very small cubes.
- How long will this pumpkin bread keep? It will keep and stay soft for up to 3 days at room temperature.
I hope you will love this candied ginger pumpkin bread recipe! It’s so moist, chocolatey, and infused with ginger for a spicy flavor! The perfect snack for a chilly day!
I personally love having it for breakfast with vegan yogurt on the side.
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Candied Ginger & Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread (Vegan + GF)
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup white rice flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 10 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp oil or melted vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped candied ginger homemade or store-bought
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips add more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a 8×4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, almond flour, rice flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and spices. Add the pumpkin puree, almond milk, oil, and vanilla extract, and stir until fully combined.
- Next, stir in the chopped candied ginger and chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Top with extra chocolate chips if you want, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before removing from the pan.
- This pumpkin bread will keep for up to 3 days at room temperature, covered with foil or cling film.