This rich and easy plant-based macaroni soup is loaded with hearty veggies like carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms. It takes less than 45 minutes to prepare and requires basic ingredients. Perfect for the colder days and SO delicious!
Sometimes you are craving something healthy, comforting, warming, and super delicious. This is exactly what this soup is about!
⭐️ Why You Should Try this Recipe
- Heart-warming and flavorful: This soup will warm you up from the inside. It is savory, hearty, and so satisfying.
- Family-friendly: Everyone loves this soup, including kids! (hey, the broth is a bit sweet!)
- Versatile: You can add leftover veggies, use different types of pasta, and even play with the dried herbs!
🥣 How to Make Macaroni Soup
This recipe is so easy to make it almost doesn't require any instructions. Plus it makes use of very basic ingredients, yet it yields a super tasty soup!
First, sauté the aromatics in a pot: onion and garlic. Next, add quartered mushrooms and sauté for another 3-5 minutes.
Cover with in water and add the remaining vegetables. I went with a combination of white radish, carrot, potatoes, and corn. The radish becomes super tender and absorb all the flavors of the broth, while the carrot and corn bring natural sweetness. To season, we have salt, sugar, and ground black pepper.
Cover the pot with a lid and let the soup simmer for about 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Finally, cook the macaroni until al dente, drain, and add to the soup. Divide between serving bowls, garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve piping hot!
- Can I omit the corn? Yes, if you don't have corn on hand, simply omit.
- Can I cook the macaroni directly into the soup? Macaroni must be cooked in another pot. If you were to cook the pasta directly into the broth, it would absorb too much of it.
- Can I use another type of pasta? Sure, feel free to go with farfalle, fusilli, or even penne!
- How long does this soup keep? The broth will keep for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. If you don't plan to serve this soup immediately, I recommend cooking the pasta just before serving.
I hope you will love this family dish, it's not only healthy and easy to prepare, but it also tastes amazing! Plus it is a bit sweet, so kids love it too!
Easy Vegetable Macaroni Soup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 4-5 mushrooms quartered
- 6 cups water
- 1 medium white daikon radish peeled and sliced into ½-inch slices
- 1 medium carrot peeled and sliced into ½-inch slices
- 3-4 baby potatoes peeled
- ½ ear of corn sliced into 1-inch slices
- 1 and ½ teaspoon sea salt adjust to taste
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme or rosemary
- 1 small pak choi diced, optional
- 3 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- ¾ cup dry macaroni
- In a large saucepan or pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the diced onion and garlic and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Next, pour in the water and add the sliced radish, carrot, baby potatoes, and corn. Season with the salt, sugar, and ground black pepper. Cover and let it simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. If using pak choi, add it to the pot near the end of cooking and let simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the saltiness if needed. Stir in the chopped cilantro and remove from heat.
- Cook the macaroni in a large pot of salted water according to the package instructions.
- To serve, divide the cooked macaroni between 3 serving bowls and pour the piping hot broth over it. Add some of the radish, mushrooms, carrots, and potatoes. Garnish with more fresh cilantro, and serve immediately!
- This soup will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator, I recommend cooking the noodles just before serving.