If you are looking for a refreshing and healthy drink to enjoy this summer, you will love this one! Introducing Peach, Orange & Lemongrass Iced Tea!
I discovered this combination when I was in Vietnam. I have to admit their tea game is strong with many amazing and flavorful combinations. This one consists of peach tea infused with fresh lemongrass and then combined with cold-pressed orange juice. It is citrusy, super refreshing, and easy to make. Let’s do it!
It starts with the lemongrass stalks that are first crushed and then boiled in water for about 15 minutes. Crushing the stalks helps them release more flavor.
Next, add peach tea bags (use black or green tea) and let it infuse for another 5 minutes or more, depending on how strong you want your tea.
Finally, press some oranges to get fresh juice and combine it with the lemongrass-infused peach tea. Orange juice will naturally sweeten the drink, but if you have a sweet tooth, feel free to add maple syrup to taste. I also like to add a squeeze of lime for extra flavor.
This is one of my favorite iced teas to enjoy during hot days. I usually make it a few times a week and keep a big jar in the fridge to enjoy throughout the day. This peach tea is not only healthy, but it is also flavorful and so refreshing!
Let me know in the comments if you try this Peach Lemongrass Iced Tea recipe!
- 3 cups water
- 3 lemongrass stalks
- 2 bags peach tea or 2 tbsp peach-flavored loose tea
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or more to taste
- Fill a medium-sized saucepan with 3 cups of water. Cut the lemongrass stalks in half and slightly crush them using the side of a large knife. Place the lemongrass stalks in the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and discard the lemongrass stalks.
- Add the peach tea bags to the saucepan and let it infuse for about 5 minutes. Once this is done, discard the peach tea bags and let the tea cool for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the oranges in half. Squeeze out the juice by hand or by using a citrus reamer. You should get about 1/2 cup of orange juice.
- Combine the orange juice with the peach lemongrass tea and add maple syrup to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours and serve chilled with ice cubes and fresh peach and orange slices.
About the Author
Thomas Pagot is the founder, photographer, and recipe developer behind Full of Plants. He created the blog in 2016 as a personal cookbook for vegan recipes. Through years of recipe development, Thomas has successfully grown Full of Plants into a trusted resource for plant-based recipes.
🧀 25 Mind-Blowing Vegan Cheese Recipes!
Sign up for the Full of Plants newsletter and you’ll get new recipes delivered by email weekly, PLUS your FREE 100-page printable eBook!