If you are looking for a refreshing and healthy drink to enjoy this summer, you are going to love this one!
I discovered this combination when I was in Vietnam, I have to admit their tea game is strong with many amazing and flavorful combinations. This one consists of peach tea infused with fresh lemongrass and then combined with cold-pressed orange juice. It is citrusy, super refreshing, and easy to make. Let's do it!
It starts with the lemongrass stalks that are first crushed and then boiled in water for about 15 minutes. Crushing the stalks helps them release more flavor.
Next, you add peach tea bags (use black or green tea) and let it infuse for another 5 minutes, or more depending on how strong you want your tea.
Finally, press some oranges to get fresh juice and combine it with the lemongrass-infused peach tea. Orange juice will naturally sweeten the drink, but if you have a sweet tooth, feel free to add maple syrup to taste. I also like to add a squeeze of lime for extra flavor.
This is one of my favorite iced tea to enjoy during hot days, I usually make it a few times a week and keep a big jar in the fridge to enjoy throughout the day. This peach tea is not only healthy, but it is also flavorful and so refreshing!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Peach, Orange & Lemongrass Iced Tea
- 3 cups water
- 3 lemongrass stalks
- 2 bags peach tea or 2 tablespoon peach-flavored loose tea
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup or more to taste
- Fill a medium-size saucepan with 3 cups of water. Cut the lemongrass stalks in half and slightly crush them using the side of a large knife. Place the lemongrass stalks in the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and discard the lemongrass stalks.
- Add the peach tea bags to the saucepan and let it infuse for about 5 minutes. Once this is done, discard the peach tea bags and let the tea cool for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the oranges in half. Squeeze out the juice by hand, or by using a citrus reamer. You should get about ½ cup of orange juice.
- Combine the orange juice with the peach lemongrass tea and add maple syrup to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours and serve chilled with ice cubes, and fresh peach and orange slices.