This Instant Pot macaroni tikka masala makes the perfect weeknight dinner for the whole family! It's easy to make, creamy, and infused with Indian spices. A delicious alternative to the regular mac & cheese!
Looking for a flavor-packed 20-minute pasta recipe that requires just one pot?
Look no further, this Macaroni Tikka Masala is the thing! It is flavorful, creamy, filling, and not too spicy, making it perfect for kids too!
This recipe is inspired by my Instant Pot Cauliflower Tikka Masala, except it's prepared with macaroni, and is even easier to make.
🥣 How to Make Macaroni Tikka Masala
This recipe requires just 8 very basic ingredients (+spices) and 20 minutes to prepare.
Start by sautéing onions, ginger, and garlic in the Instant Pot on Sauté mode for a few minutes. Once onions are cooked, add spices: garam masala, cumin, turmeric, chili, and dried fenugreek leaves if you have some on hand. The latter is optional but gives it a more authentic flavor.
Add the Remaining Ingredients
Next, add chopped fresh tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes are cooked.
Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to pressure mode for 5 minutes. It will take a few minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure, then the timer will start. Once the timer is done, release the pressure, do not let it release naturally or your noodles will be overcooked.
Give the macaroni a quick stir, top with chopped cilantro and serve immediately! You can top it with vegan almond yogurt or coconut cream for extra creaminess!
- Can I use another type of pasta? Yes, this recipe will work with fusilli, penne, or farfalle.
- Can I make this recipe coconut-free? Yes, you can replace the coconut milk with your favorite plant-based cream.
- How long does this dish keep? This macaroni tikka masala will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat over low-medium heat in a saucepan.
This Instant Pot pasta is loaded with flavor, quick to prepare, and makes a delicious weeknight lunch or dinner! Perfect for a last-minute dinner as well!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Instant Pot Tikka Masala Macaroni
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter or oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1- inch ginger grated
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon each: turmeric, chili, fenugreek leaves
- 3 large tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup dry macaroni
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Set the Instant Pot on Sauté mode and adjust it to "Less".
- Add the vegan butter. Once melted, add the diced onion and sauté for about 3 minutes. Then add the ginger, garlic, and sauté for another 3 minutes. Add the spices and cook for one more minute. Deglaze the Instant Pot with 2 tablespoon water to make sure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Next, add the chopped tomatoes with their juice and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the tomatoes are cooked.
- Turn off the sauté mode. Add the maple syrup, tomato paste, water, full-fat coconut milk, macaroni, and salt.
- Set the Instant Pot to Pressure cook and adjust the time to 5 minutes. It will take a few minutes before starting. Once the timer is done, do a quick release of the pressure.
- Once all the pressure is gone, open the lid and give it a quick stir. Serve hot topped with fresh cilantro!