This Instant Pot macaroni tikka masala makes the perfect weeknight dinner for the whole family! It’s easy to make, creamy, and infused with Indian spices. A delicious alternative to the regular mac & cheese!
Looking for a flavor-packed 20-minute pasta recipe that requires just one pot?
Look no further. This Macaroni Tikka Masala is the thing! It is flavorful, creamy, filling, and not too spicy, making it perfect for kids too!
This recipe is inspired by my Instant Pot Cauliflower Tikka Masala, except it’s prepared with macaroni, and is even easier to make.
🥣 How to Make Macaroni Tikka Masala
This recipe requires just 8 very basic ingredients (+spices) and 20 minutes to prepare.
Start by sautéing onions, ginger, and garlic in the Instant Pot on Sauté mode for a few minutes. Once onions are cooked, add spices: garam masala, cumin, turmeric, chili, and dried fenugreek leaves if you have some on hand. The latter is optional but gives it a more authentic flavor.
Add the Remaining Ingredients
Next, add chopped fresh tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes or until the tomatoes are cooked.
Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to pressure mode for 5 minutes. It will take a few minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure, and then the timer will start. Once the timer is done, release the pressure; do not let it release naturally, or your noodles will be overcooked.
Give the macaroni a quick stir, top with chopped cilantro, and serve immediately! You can top it with vegan almond yogurt or coconut cream for extra creaminess!
Yes, this recipe will work with fusilli, penne, or farfalle.
Yes, you can replace coconut milk with your favorite plant-based cream.
This macaroni tikka masala will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat over low-medium heat in a saucepan.
This Instant Pot pasta is loaded with flavor, quick to prepare, and makes a delicious weeknight lunch or dinner! Perfect for a last-minute dinner as well!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email below & we’ll send it straight to your inbox! Plus, you will receive new recipes every week!
I’d like to receive more tips & recipes from Full of Plants.
- 2 tbsp vegan butter or oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1- inch ginger grated
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp each: turmeric, chili, fenugreek leaves
- 3 large tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup dry macaroni
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Set the Instant Pot on Sauté mode and adjust it to "Less".
- Add the vegan butter. Once melted, add the diced onion and sauté for about 3 minutes. Then add the ginger, garlic, and sauté for another 3 minutes. Add the spices and cook for one more minute. Deglaze the Instant Pot with 2 tbsp water to make sure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Next, add the chopped tomatoes with their juice and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the tomatoes are cooked.
- Turn off the sauté mode. Add the maple syrup, tomato paste, water, full-fat coconut milk, macaroni, and salt.
- Set the Instant Pot to Pressure cook and adjust the time to 5 minutes. It will take a few minutes before starting. Once the timer is done, do a quick release of the pressure.
- Once all the pressure is gone, open the lid and give it a quick stir. Serve hot, topped with fresh cilantro!
About the Author
Thomas Pagot is the founder, photographer, and recipe developer behind Full of Plants. He created the blog in 2016 as a personal cookbook for vegan recipes. Through years of recipe development, Thomas has successfully grown Full of Plants into a trusted resource for plant-based recipes.