Looking for a flavor-packed 20-minute pasta recipe that requires just one pot?
Look no further, this Macaroni Tikka Masala is the thing! It is flavorful, creamy, filling, and not too spicy, making it perfect for kids too!
This recipe requires very basic ingredients and just 20 minutes to prepare. You sautéed onions, ginger, and garlic in the Instant Pot on Sauté mode for a few minutes. Once onions are cooked, add spices: garam masala, cumin, turmeric, chili, and dried fenugreek leaves if you have some on hand. The latter is optional but gives it a more authentic flavor.
Next, add chopped fresh tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes are cooked.
Finally, it's time to add the rest of the ingredients: tomato paste, maple syrup, water, coconut milk, and macaroni!
Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to pressure mode for just 5 minutes. It will take a few minutes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure, then the timer will start. Once the timer is done, release the pressure, do not let it release naturally or your noodles will be overcooked.
Give the macaroni a quick stir, top with chopped cilantro and serve immediately!
This Instant Pot Macaroni Tikka Masala makes the perfect weeknight dinner for the whole family, it's easy to make, creamy, and is a great alternative to the regular mac & cheese!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Instant Pot Tikka Masala Macaroni
Instant Pot macaroni in a creamy and aromatic masala sauce. Flavored with ginger, cumin, turmeric, chili, and coconut milk. Ready in just 20 minutes!
- Yield: 3 1x
- 2 tbsp (30ml) vegan butter (or oil)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-inch ginger, grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp each: turmeric, chili, fenugreek leaves
- 3 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15ml) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15ml) tomato paste
- 1 cup (236ml) water
- ½ cup (118ml) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup (about 170g) dry macaroni
- ½ tsp salt
- Set the Instant Pot on Sauté mode and adjust it to "Less".
- Add the vegan butter. Once melted, add the diced onion and sauté for about 3 minutes. Then add the ginger, garlic, and sauté for another 3 minutes. Add the spices and cook for one more minute. Deglaze the Instant Pot with 2 tablespoon water to make sure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Next, add the chopped tomatoes with their juice and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the tomatoes are cooked.
- Turn off the sauté mode. Add the maple syrup, tomato paste, water, full-fat coconut milk, macaroni, and salt.
- Set the Instant Pot to Pressure cook and adjust the time to 5 minutes. It will take a few minutes before starting. Once the timer is done, do a quick release of the pressure.
- Once all the pressure is gone, open the lid and give it a quick stir. Serve hot topped with fresh cilantro!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 438
- Sugar: 13.3g
- Fat: 18.5g
- Carbohydrates: 60.3g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Protein: 10.7g