Insanely delicious overnight oats that taste just like Ferrero Rocher! Flavored with plenty of hazelnut butter, chocolate, and vanilla! This plant-based breakfast is naturally-sweetened, easy to make, and SO addicting!
Have you ever thought about having Ferrero Rocher for breakfast, but in a healthier form? Your wishes are now fulfilled with these creamy chocolate hazelnut overnight oats!
Now, the question remains, is this a dessert or a breakfast? I would say it's a dessert that is totally suitable for breakfast!
⭐️ Why You Should Try this Recipe
- It's decadent: The crispy chocolate shell hides super creamy oats that are packed with chocolate and hazelnut flavor.
- It's quick and super simple: Just 8 ingredients and about 20 minutes to prepare + chilling time.
- It's perfect for meal-prep: Simply double the recipe to have 4 servings that you can keep for the week!
🍫 How to Make Chocolate Hazelnut Oats
Preparing these overnight oats will take you about 10 minutes and just 8 ingredients. Here is what you will need:
- Oats - I personally prefer rolled oats for their chewy texture, but you can definitely use quick oats.
- Almond milk - Use the unsweetened kind. For creamier oats, you can replace ¼ of the almond milk with a plant-based yogurt like almond milk yogurt or cashew yogurt.
- Hazelnut butter - Use roasted hazelnut butter for a nutty and toasted flavor! This will give our oats their "Nutella-like" flavor.
- Maple syrup - To sweeten the oats. I went with maple syrup but agave syrup or coconut nectar will work as well.
- Cacao powder - Use unsweetened cacao powder.
- Vanilla extract - For extra flavor and some freshness.
- Dark chocolate - We will melt dark chocolate to create a crispy shell on top of the oats. I recommend using a 70% dark chocolate.
- Roasted hazelnuts - Optional, to add some crunch!
To prepare the oats, combine the rolled oats, hazelnut butter, almond milk, cacao powder, maple syrup, and vanilla in a bowl. Stir until fully combined.
At this point, you can taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
Next, divide the oats between two clean jars and refrigerate overnight. Note: The oats will be very liquid at first, this it totally normal as they will thicken after a night in the fridge.
Once your oats have thickened, it's time to prepare the icing on the cake: the chocolate shell!
To do so, melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler. Once melted, stir in a couple of tablespoons of chopped roasted hazelnuts and stir to combine.
Pour the melted chocolate over the overnight oats and use the back of a spoon to spread it evenly. Refrigerate for another 30 minutes and enjoy!
- Do not make the chocolate shell too thick or you will have trouble digging into it. It should be a very thin layer.
- For a completely naturally sweetened version, use coconut sugar-sweetened chocolate.
- Feel free to add a whole hazelnut in the middle of the overnight oats for some extra crunch!
- Do I need to make the chocolate shell just before serving? No! The chocolate shell stays crispy for a few days in the fridge.
- Should I use raw or roasted hazelnut butter? I recommend using roasted hazelnut butter for a nuttier and stronger hazelnut flavor.
- How long do these overnight oats keep? These overnight oats will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
These overnight oats are truly a decadent breakfast! It is packed with nuttiness, super chocolatey, and tastes just like the classic chocolate candy! You are going to love the contrast of the creamy oats with the crispy chocolate shell!
🥞 More Oat Recipes
- Chai-Spiced Overnight Oats
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie Oatmeal
- Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- Instant-Pot Matcha Oatmeal
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Ferrero Rocher Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 5 tablespoon hazelnut butter
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon unsweetened cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon dark chocolate chips use coconut sugar-sweetened chocolate for a refined sugar-free version
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil optional, only use if your chocolate is too thick
- 2 tablespoon chopped roasted hazelnuts
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and stir until fully combined. Taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
- Divide between 2 glass jars and cover with a lid. Refrigerate overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- The next morning, melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler. Once melted, stir in the chopped roasted hazelnuts and stir to combine. If the melted chocolate appears too thick, add ¼ teaspoon of coconut oil and stir again.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the overnight oats and spread it into a thin and even layer. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving!
- Overnight oats will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
I can’t believe it! This recipe is super easy to make and it tastes amazing, just like the Ferrero Rocher. Thank you for the recipe!!!
Glad you liked these overnight oats Olivia!