It’s baking season and if you are sick of making cookies, it’s definitely time to make blondies! Introducing Pistachio & Chocolate Blondies! These vegan blondies are chewy, moist, and loaded with roasted pistachios and chocolate chunks. Can it get any better?
Not only are these blondies delicious, but they are also naturally sweetened with coconut sugar, gluten-free, and paleo!
These 10-ingredient blondies are made with a simple mix of almond flour and coconut flour. Then, to keep them from crumbling, we add a flax egg and a tablespoon of almond butter. For sweetness, I went with coconut sugar, so they are refined sugar-free.
Once you have mixed all the ingredients together, it’s time for the add-ins: chocolate chunks and roasted pistachios!
As you can see, I made these blondies thin on purpose, as they are quite rich and filling. One small square will keep you full for a couple of hours, unlike other blondies that will make you crave more sweets! Delicious + filling = win-win!
If you want thicker ones, I would recommend multiplying the recipe by 1.5 or using a smaller pan and increasing the baking time by three to five minutes.
Want to bake them in a cookie shape instead? Do it! They won’t spread, so make sure you shape them into cookies before baking. Can you see how moist and soft these blondies are?!
I hope you will all love these pistachio & chocolate blondies as much as I do. They are super easy to make, loaded with gooey chocolate chunks and crunchy pistachios! If you love pistachios, check out these No-Bake Chocolate Pistachio Bars!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line the bottom of a 4x7-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, prepare the flax egg: whisk together the ground flaxseeds with the 3 tablespoons of water and let it sit for 5 minutes. It should become thick and viscous.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, and baking soda. Add the flax egg, almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Mix using a spoon or spatula until combined. It should have the texture of cookie dough.
- Stir in the dark chocolate chunks and roasted pistachios and mix again until combined.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pan and press it down into an even layer. You can use a layer of parchment paper and a glass to press it down if the dough is too sticky.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the top of the blondies is slightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before cutting into small squares. Blondies will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
About the Author
Thomas Pagot is the founder, photographer, and recipe developer behind Full of Plants. He created the blog in 2016 as a personal cookbook for vegan recipes. Through years of recipe development, Thomas has successfully grown Full of Plants into a trusted resource for plant-based recipes.
🧀 25 Mind-Blowing Vegan Cheese Recipes!
Sign up for the Full of Plants newsletter and you’ll get new recipes delivered by email weekly, PLUS your FREE 100-page printable eBook!