Looking for something different to put on your oatmeal or spread on toast?
This spread tastes like a combination of salted caramel and white chocolate with crunchy pieces of candied cinnamon pecans. It is rich, super creamy, and SO GOOD. I have to admit I eat it by the spoonful.
We start by making the candied pecans. You mix pecans with maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, and some oil before toasting in the oven for a few minutes until crunchy and caramelized.
In the meantime, we prepare the spread which consists of tahini mixed with maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt, and cocoa butter for a subtle white chocolate flavor. Tahini brings richness and a nutty flavor while the maple syrup adds nice caramel undertones. The combination results in a creamy, buttery, and slightly salty butter.
Finally, slightly crush the candied pecans and stir it into the butter. Pecans add an addictive crunchy texture.
Use this spread on your morning oatmeal (try with bananas!), on toast, warm pancakes, or even crepes! Personally, I make a double batch as this is so good it usually doesn’t last long!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Candied Pecans Salted Tahini Butter
Rich and creamy salted tahini butter with crunchy candied pecans pieces! It tastes like caramel spread! Use on pancakes, toast, or on top of oatmeal!
- Yield: About 3/4 cup 1x
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- optional: 2 tsp melted cocoa butter (adds a subtle white chocolate flavor)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the pecans, maple syrup, oil, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to coat the pecans. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Roast for about 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the tahini, maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt, and cocoa butter if using. At first, it will be very thin and will slightly thicken as you whisk.
- Slightly crush the roasted pecans and add it to the tahini butter. Stir to combine and transfer to a jar.
- Enjoy this salted tahini butter on toast, pancakes, crepes, or on top of oatmeal!
- The butter will keep for up to two weeks at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Fat: 8.5g
- Carbohydrates: 7.3g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 1.9g