Matcha lovers out there, I have something sweet for you!
Super soft, chewy, and naturally sweetened matcha cookies! These cookies require just 5 ingredients (6 if you add vanilla) and taste like a coconut matcha latte! Ready to bake!?
Did I mention these cookies are also gluten-free? Shredded coconut combined with almond flour makes the base. Then comes coconut nectar that acts as a binder and a natural sweetener.
For a subtle white chocolate flavor I added melted cocoa butter, I thought it went pretty well with the matcha and the vanilla. In case you don’t have cocoa butter on hand (you should by the way!), feel free to use coconut oil.
I recommend using good quality matcha here, not only the cookies will taste better with no bitterness, but they will also have a greener color. You can obviously adjust the amount of matcha to your liking. I went with 1/2 + 1/4 tsp of matcha, which in my opinion adds enough flavor without being overpowering. If you are not used to matcha, feel free to use a bit less.
The cookies are slowly baked at a low temperature just to slightly dry out the outside but keep the inside moist and soft. Delicious! Plus they stay soft and chewy for days!
I hope you will love these matcha cookies, they are healthy, chewy, coconutty, and make a delicious mid-morning or afternoon snack!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
- Preheat oven to 200°F (90°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the shredded coconut, almond flour, and matcha powder.
- Add the coconut nectar, melted cocoa butter, and vanilla extract. Using a wooden spoon, mix for about 1 minute, or until it forms a slightly sticky paste. You can also use your hands to mix.
- Using slightly wet hands, form 8 thick cylinders of about 1.5-inch wide and place them on the baking sheet. Don’t worry if they are close to each other, they won’t spread.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Then let cool at least 20 minutes before enjoying the cookies.
- These matcha cookies will keep for up to 5 days stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 144
- Sugar: 8.2g
- Fat: 10.1g
- Carbohydrates: 11.4g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 2.1g