If you are in need of a bright and tropical appetizer, I have got your covered!
This mango gazpacho is super fresh! We pair mango with avocado for a rich and creamy texture, ginger and lime for freshness, and a touch of chili for a little bit of heat. It takes just a few minutes to prepare and 8 ingredients!
Preparing this gazpacho takes no more than 10 minutes. Simply peel your mango, remove the seed and add to a blender.
Then, for richness and creaminess, we add a whole avocado. It tones down a little bit the sweetness that comes from the mango.
Note: The color of your gazpacho can go from light green to yellow depending on the avocado and mango used (ratio, variety, and ripeness), so don’t worry if you don’t get the exact same color. Also, if you want a slightly more tart/less sweet gazpacho, use a mango that is not too ripe.
To make our gazpacho a little bit more exciting, we also add garlic, fresh ginger, soy sauce for umami, and lime juice and mint for freshness. Blend everything until smooth and it’s ready!
This gazpacho has a great balance of sweetness, saltiness, and spiciness. It’s delicious served chilled as an appetizer or as an “amuse–bouche“!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Spicy Mango Gazpacho
- 1 large mango
- 1 avocado pitted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground chili powder
- 2-3 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1/8 tsp salt adjust to taste
- Peel and dice the mango. Add to a blender with the avocado, water, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, mint leaves, ginger, and salt. Blend on high-speed for 20-30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking, adding more chili and/or ginger for spiciness, salt/soy sauce for saltiness, and water if you want a thinner consistency.
- Transfer to a large bowl or saucepan and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve fresh as an appetizer in shot glasses, or small bowls. Top with mint leaves and a pinch of chili powder.
- Gazpacho will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.