Simple desserts are sometimes the best, and these roasted pears are the proof!
This 30-minute dessert is easy to prepare and requires just 5 ingredients. Pears are baked until soft and golden brown and served in a maple ginger syrup! Top with vanilla ice cream or a dollop of coconut cream for a decadent dessert!
Making this recipe takes just 5 minutes and then about 25 minutes of baking. You peel and core the pears, and place them in a baking dish.
Next, prepare the syrup that consists of maple syrup, coconut sugar, water, and some cornstarch that helps thicken the syrup.
Finally, add some finely sliced ginger and it’s ready to go in the oven. Bake until the pears are tender, then flip them and place under the broiler for a few minutes just to slightly caramelize.
The result is beautifully golden brown pears that have soaked up the maple ginger syrup. I love to serve the pears warm with a couple of tablespoons of the ginger syrup, a dollop of coconut cream, and some crushed peanuts on top. Delicious.
What I love about this recipe is that it can be served warm in fall/winter, or cold in the summer. Oh, and if you have leftovers, just use as a topping for oatmeal, it’s amazing!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Roasted Pears in Ginger Syrup
Pears roasted in a maple ginger syrup and served with a dollop of coconut cream. It’s sweet, gingery, and super easy to make!
- Yield: 3 1x
- 3 medium pears
- 1/4 cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (8g) coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup (157ml) water
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1-inch fresh ginger, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°F).
- Peel and halve the pears. Remove the core and place them cut side down in a large baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup, coconut sugar, water, cornstarch, and minced ginger. Pour the syrup over the pears, into the baking dish.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the pears are soft and cooked. Remove from the oven, flip the pears and place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until slightly caramelized.
- Serve warm or cold, top with crushed peanuts, and a dollop of coconut cream or vanilla ice cream. Baked pears will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 40g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 53.8g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Protein: 0.8g