Pistachio meets chocolate and sea salt in these decadent no-bake bars!
A gluten-free shortbread makes the base, topped with a pistachio layer and a creamy chocolate ganache. It’s chocolatey, nutty, salty, and chewy!
This 8-ingredient recipe couldn’t be easier, it’s no-bake and ready in just a few minutes (not counting the chilling time).
We start with the shortbread which consists of oat flour and coconut flour combined with maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Coconut oil helps the shortbread harden while the addition of maple syrup binds the flours together.
Then we have the pistachio layer that gives these bars their bright green color! To make it, simply process raw shelled pistachio with maple syrup in a food processor until you get a fine meal. At this step, you can add a teaspoon of matcha if you like it, or a teaspoon of lemon juice for lemon pistachio bars!
If you have trouble processing the pistachios, feel free to add half a teaspoon of coconut oil. It’s not mandatory though, I tried without it and it worked just as well since pistachios are naturally oily.
Finally, we have the chocolate ganache on top that is just the icing on the cake. Because you know pistachio + chocolate + salt is one of the best combination ever.
The ganache requires just two ingredients: almond milk and dark chocolate. You heat the almond milk until hot and then pour it over the dark chocolate chips. Wait a minute before whisking to mix the milk with the melted chocolate. Spread on top of the pistachio layer and refrigerate. We are now ready to cut it into small squares!
These little squares of goodness are the perfect treat to have with your coffee, tea, or just as a snack!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!Print
- 3/4 cup (75g) oat flour
- 1/4 cup (28g) coconut flour
- 3 tbsp (45ml) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30ml) coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (100g) raw pistachios, shelled
- 1 tbsp (15ml) maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp (45ml) almond milk
- Line a 4×7-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oat flour with the coconut flour. Stir in the maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla, and mix until well combined. You should get a soft dough. Press the dough into the baking dish. Top with another layer of parchment paper and press it down firmly using the bottom of a glass. Transfer to the refrigerator while you prepare the pistachio layer.
- Add the pistachios, maple syrup, and salt to a food processor and process for 20-30 seconds, or until it has the texture of almond meal. The mixture should be slightly sticky and hold together if you try to shape it into a ball.
- Transfer the pistachio mixture into the baking dish, on top of the oat shortbread. Press it firmly into an even layer and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make the chocolate ganache, place the chocolate chips (or chopped dark chocolate) in a small bowl, set aside. Heat the almond milk over medium heat in a small saucepan until hot. Pour the hot almond milk into the chocolate chip bowl and let it sit one minute. Next, whisk until the chocolate is melted and fully combined with the milk.
- Pour the ganache on top of the pistachio layer and spread it into an even layer. Refrigerate for another hour before cutting into squares.
- Pistachio squares will keep in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 86
- Sugar: 3.9g
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 9.7g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 2g