Here is a little snack packed with holiday flavors, it’s no-bake, gingery, delicious, and easy!
These frozen bars feature a no-bake shortbread infused with ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg, a rich caramel filling, and a crispy white chocolate glaze! It screams holidays and makes a fresh and healthy snack!
These snack bars consist of three layers. First, we have the shortbread base that is prepared with a mix of oat flour, almond flour, almond butter, and maple syrup.
For a Christmas twist, I added warming spices like ginger, cinnamon, and a generous pinch of nutmeg. Mix all the ingredients together until it forms a dough and press it down into a baking dish. Done.
Then comes the caramel layer that relies on almond butter, maple syrup, and cocoa butter to help firm it up and add richness. For extra flavor, we add vanilla extract, and once again, cinnamon. Yes, you can never have too much cinnamon in a fall dessert!
I also added salt because salted caramel is even better!
Finally, we have the white chocolate glaze! Since I could not get my hands on vegan white chocolate that would melt well, I simply went with a combination of cocoa butter sweetened with maple syrup. To help everything blend together I added a teaspoon of tahini, that also brings a subtle nuttiness.
Pour the glaze over the caramel layer, freeze, and cut into bars!
These frozen bars make a delicious mid-afternoon (or anytime) snack! With a gingery flavor, a rich salted caramel, and a crispy white chocolate glaze, you may find yourself close to the freezer more often than you would think!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
White Chocolate Caramel Gingerbread Bars
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cocoa butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt (or more to taste)
White Chocolate Glaze
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter , melted
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a 4×7 inch pan or baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the oat flour, almond flour, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the maple syrup, almond butter, and coconut oil.
- Mix until it forms a dough. It should hold together well but not be too sticky. If it’s too sticky, add more oat flour, if it’s too dry add more maple syrup.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish and press it down very firmly into an even layer. (Use a piece of parchment paper placed on top and flatten with the bottom of a glass.)
- Make the caramel layer: in a small bowl, whisk together the almond butter, maple syrup, cocoa butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Pour over the shortbread base into an even layer. Place in the freezer for about one hour.
- After one hour, the caramel should have firmed up. Prepare the glaze: in a small bowl, whisk together the melted cocoa butter, maple syrup, tahini, and vanilla extract. Pour over the caramel and tilt the dish to spread the glaze evenly.
- Place back into the freezer for another hour. Remove from the freezer and cut into 12 bars. To prevent the white chocolate glaze from cracking, run your knife under hot water before cutting.
- Store these bars in the freezer and enjoy frozen! Bars will keep for up to 1 month in the freezer.