Incredibly comforting, smoky, and loaded with carrots, navy beans, and vegan cocktail sausages, this stew is like a warm hug! It's perfect for those chilly days when you need a hearty meal to warm you up!
🥣 How to Make Vegan Sausage Stew
It starts with garlic and shallots that are sautéed until fragrant. Next, we add the vegetables. To keep it simple, we just went with mushrooms and carrots. This recipe is versatile so feel free to use the veggies you have on hand!
Then, add cooked white navy beans, vegetable stock, and spices. Let simmer for about 25 minutes covered, and add the cocktail sausages halfway through cooking.
We used a cast iron Dutch oven, but feel free to cook it in a large regular pot as well.
For more texture and flavor, we also added stirred in chopped kale near the end of cooking, hey you've got to eat your greens!
- What can I substitute for the cocktail sausages? You could use shredded vegan chick'n, smoked tofu, or simply store-bought vegan sausages!
- Should I use raw or cooked navy beans? For this recipe, you want to use two 16-ounce cans of cooked white navy beans.
- How long does this stew keep? This stew will keep for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. It think it tastes even better the next day!
This stew is comfort food at its best. It's warming and the vegan sausages add a delicious smoky flavor! If you are looking for a healthy one-pot recipe that the whole family will love, look no further!
🫕 More Comforting Plant-Based Recipes
- Cozy & Cheesy Vegan Meatball Soup
- Lentil & Mushrooms Stew
- Tempeh & Pesto Butternut Squash Lasagna
- Heartwarming Buckwheat Chili
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
White Bean and Vegan Sausage Stew
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 carrot peeled and sliced
- 2 cups quartered mushrooms
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 16-ounce cans cooked navy beans
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon each: ground cumin, paprika, coriander, rosemary, thyme
- 14-16 vegan cocktail sausages
- Heat the oil in a deep pot over medium heat. Once hot, add the minced garlic and shallots, and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, mushrooms, and tomato paste and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Drain the cooked navy beans and add to the pot. Next, add the vegetable stock, coconut sugar, and spices. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer covered for about 15 minutes.
- Add the cocktail sausages and let it simmer for another 10 minutes. Remove from heat and taste to adjust saltiness if needed. Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro and serve hot. You can serve as is, or with rice or bread on the side!
- This stew will keep for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Reheat on the stove over medium heat.