- 2 tsp green loose tea
- 1 cup (235ml) water
- 2 cups (about 350g) diced watermelon
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15ml) maple syrup (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Add the water to a small saucepan and bring it to a boil. Once boiling remove from heat. Add the green tea to a tea strainer. Place the strainer in the water and let it steep for about 3 minutes. Remove the strainer and let the water cool down completely. I usually prepare the tea a few hours before and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Place the diced watermelon, lime juice, maple syrup, and salt in a high-speed blender. Add the chilled green tea and blend on high speed for 5-10 seconds, or until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Fill two glasses with ice and pour the watermelon tea into each glass. Serve immediately!
This drink is best served immediately, I do not recommend storing it as the flavors would be altered.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 79
- Sugar: 16.7g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 19.9g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 1g