- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chickpea liquid, drained from a 15-ounces can of chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp guar gum
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Dark chocolate chunks
- Melted chocolate or chocolate hazelnut butter
- Combine the chickpea liquid, guar gum, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Using a handheld mixer, beat on high for about 2-3 minutes until fluffy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue to beat on high for another 2-3 minutes. The mixture should be thick, with the same consistency of marshmallow fluff. Set aside.
- Combine the rolled oats, almond milk, cocoa powder and maple syrup in a large pan and bring to a boil.
- Cover and let simmer about 7-10 minutes until the oatmeal is cooked and creamy.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Divide the oatmeal between two serving bowls.
- Top each bowl with about 1/2 cup of marshmallow fluff. Using a kitchen blowtorch, caramelize the marshmallow fluff until golden brown. Top with chocolate chunks, melted chocolate or chocolate hazelnut butter.
Marshmallow fluff recipe adapted from Seitan Is My Motor.
You can try the recipe without guar gum, just be aware it might take longer to get a fluffy and thick consistency.
Browning the marshmallow fluff is optional, it will still taste great without doing it.
You can soak the oats overnight to reduce cooking time.
The nutritional information is just an estimate as it’s hard to calculate the exact number of calories for the marshmallow fluff.
- Serving Size: 1 (without chocolate toppings)
- Calories: 318
- Sugar: 24.7g
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 58.5g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 7.4g