- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp water
- 9 tbsp brown rice flour
- 3 tbsp white rice flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the coconut sugar, coconut oil, and water until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the brown rice flour, white rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt, and mix until it forms a dough. It should have the texture of cookie dough. If the dough appears too crumbly add 1/2 teaspoon of water at a time until it reaches the good consistency.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper to a 1/4-inch thickness. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into about 18 rectangles. You can use a cookie cutter if you prefer or cut them into the shape you want. Transfer the cookies to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. The cookies might be a bit soft but will harden once cooled.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.