- 2 tbsp (30ml) oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 small chili, sliced (optional)
- 2 cups (about 12 pieces) chopped vegan pork
- 2 tbsp (30ml) soy sauce
- 1/3 cup (80ml) coconut water
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh green pepper (or use 1/4 ground black pepper)
- for serving: lime zest, fresh cilantro, noodles or rice
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the garlic, shallot, and chili, and sautée for about 3 minutes or until shallots are soft.
- Add the vegan “pork” and sautée for another 2-3 minutes. Remove the vegan “pork” from the skillet and set aside on a small plate.
- Pour the soy sauce, coconut water, sugar, and pepper into the skillet. Bring to a simmer and let it reduce for 5-7 minutes, or until the sauce starts to thicken. Next, add the vegan “pork” and sautée for 2 minutes, stirring from time to time to coat with the sauce.
- Serve immediately on top of rice or noodles and top with lime zest and fresh cilantro.
As noted in the Vegan Roast “Pork” recipe, there is no nutrition information for this recipe as it’s quite difficult to calculate it (depending on the ingredients used).