Hey! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed the Holidays with your family around a feast!
Since 2017 is almost over I thought it would be nice to make a small recap of what happened this year, as well as a quick preview of what’s coming in 2018.
2017 in Review
2017 has been an amazing year, I released a total of 78 recipes, and went from part-time to full-time blogger! I couldn’t be happier to do what I love every day. Last year, I shared my goals for 2017 so let’s do a small recap:
1) Improve my writing – I’m not quite sure I can consider this one complete, I still struggle to write blog posts, sometimes I just don’t know what to say! 🙂
2) Continue to post at least once a week – Check, even if I shared fewer recipes in March and April due to a move, you kept getting two recipes a week for the rest of the year. I wish I could share more but I prefer to keep this posting schedule and release quality rather than quantity.
3) Improve the website interface – Check, a search function has been added to the mobile version of the website, the recipe cards are now clearer, trending recipes can be viewed at the bottom of the page, and the blog loads a bit faster due to some server changes. There are still improvements needed here and there that will be fixed soon. If you have requests regarding the interface of the website, let me know in the comments!
4) Experiment more in the kitchen – Maybe not more, but I keep experimenting new things each and every week. There are a lot of fails going on before releasing a recipe, sometimes you get it right the first time but most of the time it takes 3 to 5 batches before getting satisfying results (and/or photos). I have many new original recipes coming in 2018, stay tuned!
5) Keep eating healthy and exercise – Check, not much else to say about it.
What’s coming in 2018
More recipes, more experiments, and more fun in the kitchen! Here are a few resolutions/goals for next year:
1) Keep sharing healthy, easy, but also some more complex vegan recipes. While I know you guys love easy to make recipes, I know some of you also appreciate challenges. As you can see above, “How to make Chickpea Tempeh”, “Hickory Smoked Vegan Cheese”, or “Vegan Cultured Butter” made it to the top list, and these recipes take several days to make, if not more. You can also expect a few Instant Pot recipes next year, as I received one for Christmas and already love it!
2) Provide an easier way to browse, save, and access your favorite recipes. I can’t share much about it yet since it’s still at the project stage, but something should come in 2018.
3) Release a free ebook containing all my cheese recipes + an introduction to cheese making, as well as a troubleshooting guide. There, I said it. I want to give you an ebook you could print, or save on iBooks that would include detailed information about the ingredients, the process, and an FAQ. I get so many questions on my cheese recipes that I have trouble keeping up! The ebook would also be updated regularly to include new recipes.
4) Make a few recipe videos. Maybe for my most popular recipes, or for the coming ones, I’m not sure about it yet.
Let me know what kind of recipes you want to see more! I’m open to suggestions so leave a comment here if you have a recipe request! Now without further ado, here are the 10 recipes released in 2017 that got the most traffic and shares.
Photos are clickable with links to the recipes.
1. Magical Green Falafels – 2. How to Make Chickpea Tempeh – 3. Almond Milk Yogurt – 4. The Best Vegan Okonomiyaki – 5. Hickory Smoked Vegan Cheese – 6. Thai Sweet Potato Noodles Soup – 7. Easy Dal Palak – 8. Cashew Buckwheat Curry with Garlic Kale – 9. Ash-Ripened Camembert – 10. Tempeh Khao Soi.
It seems you guys are crazy for 1) Fermented foods and 2) Asian/Indian recipes! It’s no surprise my green falafels get the top spot, they are moist on the inside and packed with fresh herbs like mint, parsley, and dill. If you like falafels, you definitely have to try this recipe!
These didn’t make it to the top 10 but are just too good not to share! Since some of the recipes below have been released very recently they didn’t get the chance to gain much traffic throughout the year.
Finally, here are a few of my favorite recipes that sadly didn’t make it to the top list.
1. Easy Heartwarming Buckwheat Chili: I have been making this heartwarming buckwheat chili once a week for the past month, it’s so comforting that you quickly get addicted to it, especially on cold days.
2. Fonio Balls in African Peanut Sauce: If you have never tried fonio, which is a grain coming from Africa, the
3. Sweet & Spicy Korean Noodles: This one is my go-to recipe when I have non-vegan guests, everyone loves it, even picky kids!
4. Salted Caramel Chocolate Pancakes: Want dessert for breakfast? This is exactly what this recipe is about. Chocolate pancakes filled with a rich and creamy salted caramel sauce!
5. Awesome Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies: Super soft, slightly crispy on the edges, these cookies are packed with buttered pecans, chocolate chips, vanilla, and cinnamon. It’s just my favorite cookie recipe to date. Gluten-free + refined sugar-free.
6. Sweet Potato Quinoa Kofte: Okay, this is fried food, but trust me, it’s worth it.
So here you have the most popular posts of 2017, be aware this list only includes recipes that were released this year. If you want to check the most popular posts of last year, it’s here!
Full of Plants would be nothing without you! So THANK YOU SO MUCH for supporting this blog! Whether it is by sharing the recipes on social media, leaving feedback, or simply visiting the blog.
I wish you all happy holidays, have a great time with your family and friends! See you in 2018!