- 3/4 cup (150g) white sticky rice
- 3/4 cup (177ml) water
- 2 tbsp (30ml) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5ml) lime juice (or rice vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot liner and place the steam rack in the liner.
- Rinse the sticky rice. In a glass bowl that can fit in the liner, combine the sticky rice with the 3/4 cup of water. Place the bowl on the steam rack. Close the lid and set the valve on the “Sealed” position.
- Pressure cook for 14 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the teriyaki sauce.
- After 14 minutes, let the pressure release naturally for 10-12 minutes. Release the remaining pressure by turning the valve to “Venting” position.
- Remove the sticky rice from the Instant Pot and let it cool for at least 25 minutes.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap on a working surface or cutting board. Measure about 1/3 cup of the sticky rice and place it in the center of the plastic wrap. Wrap the plastic film around the sticky rice and shape it into a thick cylinder. Wrap it tightly. Repeat with the remaining rice to make about 6 cylinders.
- Place them on a plate and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, this will allow the rice to firm up slightly and hold together better.
- Next, using wet hands (to prevent from sticking) unwrap the sticky rice kebabs and place them on a plate lined with plastic film. Thread kebabs on skewers.
- Heat about 2 tbsp of oil in a large non-stick skillet. Once hot, add the skewers and cook for about 5 minutes, turning from time to time until slightly golden. Pour in the teriyaki sauce and stir to coat each skewer. Cook for 1 minute or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve immediately drizzled with vegan mayo and spring onions! These kababs are best served the same day but will keep for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Serving Size: 1 Skewer
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 4.2g
- Fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 2g