- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp anise powder (optional)
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the raw pecans, maple syrup, cinnamon, and anise if using. Stir to coat the pecans. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and roast for about 10 mins. Remove from the oven and let it cool for about 15 minutes.
- Add the roasted pecans, almond milk, cacao powder, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and salt to a blender. Blend on high speed until very smooth, about 1 minute. If your blender is not powerful, strain through a fine sieve.
- Pour into a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until it almost boils. Divide into 3 mugs, top with a dollop of vegan yogurt or coconut cream for decoration (optional), and serve immediately!
- Pecan hot chocolate will keep for up to 2 days in the refrigerator. Reheat over medium heat.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 272
- Sugar: 7.6g
- Fat: 22.6g
- Carbohydrates: 18.8g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Protein: 5.2g