- 3 cups (450g) raw cashews
- 3/4 cup (115g) coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder*
- 3 tbsp (45ml) melted cocoa butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the cashews evenly on the baking sheet and roast for 11-14 minutes, or until slightly golden. You don’t want to roast the cashews too much otherwise your chocolate butter will have a strong cashew flavor. Remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes.
- In the meantime, add the coconut sugar and cocoa powder to the bowl of a high-speed blender. Blend for 2-3 minutes, or until the coconut sugar looks like powdered sugar. Transfer the powdered sugar to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the roasted cashews to the blender and blend on high-speed until it turns into butter. Add the powdered coconut sugar, melted cocoa butter, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend for another 3-5 minutes, or until very smooth. The longer you blend the smoother.
- Transfer to a clean glass jar and keep at room temperature. Use to top oatmeal, waffles, crepes, or bread! The vanilla chocolate butter will keep for up to 1 month.
*My favorite way to make this chocolate butter is to use 3 tbsp of raw cocoa powder and 1 tbsp of normal cocoa powder.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 5.3g
- Fat: 8.4g
- Carbohydrates: 9.8g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.4g