With crispy edges, a deep smoky flavor, and a subtle sweetness, these roasted pumpkin wedges make a hearty and delicious Thanksgiving side!
It’s ready in 30 minutes and requires just one pan, making it a great last minute side dish!
This recipe almost doesn’t require instructions as it’s pretty straightforward.
We start by preparing the marinade that consists of olive oil combined with maple syrup, garlic, salt, and spices. I went with smoked paprika and cumin that balances well with the natural sweetness of the pumpkin. Feel free to use your favorite spices and/or herbs like thyme, rosemary, or sage.
Once our marinade is ready, simply brush each pumpkin wedge on both sides and pop in the oven for 15 minutes.
Flip and roast for another 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Done!
To serve, I topped with roasted slivered almonds for extra crunch, and fresh cilantro. You could also serve these pumpkin wedges with a simple lemon tahini dipping sauce on the side.
If you are looking for an easy, quick, and delicious side for the holidays, these pumpkin wedges won’t disappoint! It’s smoky, garlicky, and super tender with crispy caramelized edges!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Smoky Garlic Roasted Pumpkin Wedges
- 1 medium pumpkin (about 600g)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic slightly crushed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 and 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup roasted slivered almonds
- fresh cilantro for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the pumpkin with a clean brush. Cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and strings. Discard.
- Cut each half into about 1.5-inch slices and place the slices on the prepared baking sheet on a single layer. Do not stack them.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, crushed whole garlic cloves, maple syrup, paprika, cumin, and salt. Brush the pumpkin slices with the flavored olive oil on each side. Add the crushed garlic cloves to the baking sheet as well.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, carefully flip the pumpkin slices and bake for another 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with the slivered almonds and fresh cilantro!
- Roasted pumpkin is best served the same day but will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.