When it comes to quick and easy meals, sheet pan recipes hardly ever disappoint.
This tender tofu is baked in a sweet, citrusy, and orangey sauce, and then topped with creamy white beans coated with a cilantro and pesto marinade! It comes together in about 30 minutes. It’s hearty, packed with flavor, protein, and healthy fats!
We start by preparing the orange sauce that consists of fresh orange juice and orange zests for the citrusy flavor, soy sauce for saltiness, and coconut sugar for sweetness. If you want some spiciness, add a generous pinch of red pepper flakes!
Baking the tofu with the orange sauce gives it a golden brown color and a subtle orange flavor. To bring even more flavor, we also glaze the tofu after baking with some of the reserved orange sauce. I cut the tofu into rectangles here, feel free to cut it into thick cubes if you prefer!
Now let’s talk about the white beans topping!
It cannot get easier, combine cooked white beans (I used canned) with vegan pesto, chopped cilantro, a squeeze of lime, minced garlic, and nutritional yeast. Stir to coat, done.
To serve, top your orange tofu with the fresh white beans! This tofu is delicious with white rice or quinoa on the side!
The garlicky, herby, and tender white beans balance so well with the sweet orange tofu!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Sheet Pan Glazed Orange Tofu with Herby White Beans
- 18 ounces firm tofu
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp cornstarch diluted in 1 tbsp water
Herby White Beans
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 2 tbsp vegan pesto
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pat the tofu dry and cut it into 4 rectangles of about 4x3-inch, 1-inch thick. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- To a saucepan, add the orange juice, orange zest, soy sauce, coconut sugar, oil, and white vinegar. Heat over medium heat for about 3 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved. Add the diluted cornstarch and heat for another 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly until it thickens.
- Reserve about 1/4 cup of the orange sauce to pour over the tofu after baking. Pour the remaining orange sauce over the tofu rectangles, flip the tofu to coat it evenly with the sauce. At this point, I also recommend adding a few orange slices to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip the tofu, and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't brown too much, it should just caramelize.
- In the meantime, prepare the white beans.
- Once the tofu is golden brown, remove from the oven and glaze with the reserved orange sauce.
Herby White Beans
- Drain and rinse the white beans if using canned ones. Transfer to a medium size bowl. Add the vegan pesto, chopped cilantro, garlic, lime juice, nutritional yeast, salt, and sugar. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Top each tofu block with about 1/4 cup of the herby white beans and serve with white rice!