What are you making for dinner tonight? If you are craving pasta and asian flavors (which I do actually), look no further, this 7-ingredient asian noodles recipe is for you!
Ready in 20 minutes, this flavorful pasta dish makes a fancy and comforting dinner, you won't believe there are only 7 ingredients!
Mushrooms are glazed in a skillet with sesame oil, soy sauce and some maple syrup until they turn golden brown and start to caramelize.
By cooking the mushrooms alone first, it gives them enough time to absorb all the nutty flavors of sesame oil and the umami of the soy sauce.
Once the mushrooms are golden brown, you lightly sautée the carrots to keep their natural crunch and bright orange color. Stir in the cooked pasta and you're done, it's THAT easy.
I only used carrots here to keep things simple but why not add some red pepper, zucchini or white cabbage in there?
Each serving is packed with 58 grams of carbs and 8 grams of protein. For more protein, feel free to add sautéed tofu, tempeh or even some beans. As you probably noticed by now, this recipe is super versatile!
Since leftovers keep very well and are delicious cold, it also makes a healthy, carb-rich lunch to bring to work.
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe and tag #fullofplants on Instagram if you take a photo!
Sesame Glazed Mushroom Noodles
7-ingredient asian noodles with sesame glazed mushrooms and carrots. A flavorful dish ready in 20 minutes! Perfect for a weeknight dinner!
- Yield: 3 1x
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions (around 7-10 minutes for brown rice spaghetti).
- In the meantime, heat the sesame oil, maple syrup and soy sauce in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the whole mushrooms and cook, stirring regularly until they become soft and start to brown, about 5-7 minutes. Make sure to flip them from time to time so they cook uniformly.
- Add the carrots to the skillet and cook for another 3-4 minutes, you don't want to cook for too long to keep them slightly crunchy.
- Drain the pasta and add to the skillet with mushrooms and carrots. Toss to coat and cook for another 3-4 minutes, I like when the noodles just start to stick to the skillet and caramelize. Stir in the white rice vinegar, toss again and taste to adjust the seasonings if needed, adding more soy sauce for saltiness.
- Divide into bowls, top with fresh chopped green onions and enjoy as is, or with a salad on the side.
- It will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
For garlic lovers: Finely chop one clove of garlic and add it to the skillet just after adding the carrots.
I like to keep the mushrooms whole, but you can slice them if you prefer.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 371
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 58.3g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 8.7g