- 2 cups (480ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp (24g) coconut sugar
- 1 cinnamon bark
- 1/2-inch fresh ginger, sliced
- 6 cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- 2 tbsp (14g) cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp (48g) roasted cashew butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Add the almond milk, coconut sugar, cinnamon bark, ginger, and cardamom to a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Next, using a slotted spoon, remove the whole spices and discard.
- Add the cacao powder and salt to the saucepan and heat for another 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly to dissolve the cacao powder. Lower the heat to low-medium and stir the cashew butter and vanilla extract. Heat for another 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Remove from heat.
- At this point, if you want a nice foam, transfer to a blender and blend for about 10 seconds.
- Divide into two mugs, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve hot!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 18.5g
- Carbohydrates: 25.7g
- Fiber: 7.4g
- Protein: 9.2g