- 1/2 cup (50g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (50g) oat flour
- 1/2 cup (48g) almond flour
- 1/3 cup (33g) shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp (12g) coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 3 tbsp (45ml) applesauce
- 2 tbsp (30ml) coconut oil, soft or just melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (30g) dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp (30g) dark chocolate chunks
- 1 tbsp finely chopped orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together the rolled oats, oat flour, almond flour, shredded coconut, cardamom, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and coconut sugar.
- Add the maple syrup, applesauce, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, stir until fully combined. It should form a soft and sticky paste.
- Add the dried cranberries, dark chocolate chunks, orange peel, and mix again until the add-ins are incorporated.
- Form 2 tablespoon size balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Using your hand, flatten each ball into a cookie shape. The cookies won’t spread so make sure to give them the final shape.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool for at least 20 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Cookies are best eaten the same day but will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container.