- 5 tbsp vegan butter, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped orange zests (from about two oranges)
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend*
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- In a medium size mixing bowl, cream the butter and coconut sugar together. Add the finely chopped orange zests and the orange juice, and mix to combine.
- Add the gluten-free flour, almond flour, and baking powder, and mix until fully combined. At first it will look like a dry mixture, but as you keep mixing it will form a dough. Stir in the chocolate chips and mix again until evenly distributed.
- Shape the dough into a ball, and place it on a layer of plastic film. Shape the ball into a rectangle of about 1.5-inch thickness and 3.5-inch wide. Wrap tightly in plastic film and chill for at least 2 hours. It will allow the dough to firm up slightly and get infused with the orange zests.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut slices of about 1/3-inch and place on the prepared baking sheet. If some slices are a bit crumbly because of the chocolate chips, simply reshape them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until slightly golden. Let cool completely before enjoying!
- Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
*If you can’t find Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Baking Flour, you can make you own by following this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 77
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 9.6g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 0.7g