- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 and 3/4 cups water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4–5 mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1/3 preserved lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- salt, pepper to taste
- Place water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the soy sauce and quinoa, cover and let simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes, until all liquid has been absorbed.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir red bell peppers and onions until tender, about 10 minutes. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and combine the cooked vegetables and the quinoa in a bowl.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients and pour over the quinoa. Finely slice the preserved lemon and add to the bowl with the mint.
- Taste and adjust the salt and pepper if needed.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Top with fresh mint leaves if desired.