- 2 tbsp (30ml) melted coconut oil (or melted vegan butter)
- 2 tbsp (30ml) almond milk
- 1/3 cup (55g) coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup (72g) almond flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp (67g) oat flour
- 2 tbsp (14g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (35g) dark chocolate chips
- 8 mini Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, almond milk, and coconut sugar until fully combined.
- Next, add the almond flour, oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix using a wooden spoon until it forms a slightly sticky dough.
- Form balls of about 1,5 tbsp between your hand, then slightly flatten and place on the prepared baking sheet. Make an indentation with a wet thumb into each cookie. If the cookie slightly crack, simply reshape it or smooth with some water.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. In the meantime, melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler. Remove the cookies from the oven and press down in the center again using the back of a measuring spoon (as the cookies will slightly puff up).
- Fill each cookie cavity with about 1/4 tsp of melted chocolate and then top with a mini oreo. Let cool for about 15 minutes for a melty chocolate filling, or longer for a firmer one.
- Cookies are best eaten the same day but will keep for up to 2 days in a airtight container.