If you are looking for a twist on cinnamon rolls, you MUST try these bundt cakes. It’s basically cinnamon rolls in form of mini bundt cakes and comes with a creamy cashew maple glaze, roasted pecans, and caramel sauce. Yep, it’s all or nothing!
The batter for the bundt cake is inspired by my Fudgy Chocolate Layer Cake. I used a mix of different flours to keep it gluten-free, maple syrup and coconut sugar to sweeten it, and applesauce to make it soft and moist.
For you those of you who don’t mind about the gluten and don’t want to work with a gazillion of different flours, I’m going to try this recipe with all-purpose flour soon and share the results here, stay tuned!
The swirl is a simple combination of coconut sugar and cinnamon that melts and caramelizes when baking, giving the cakes a wonderful smell and that cinnamon roll flavor.
Regarding the toppings, which are essential by the way, we have a creamy vanilla cashew cream, almond butter caramel, and crushed roasted pecans. The cashew cream requires only 5 ingredients: soaked cashews, maple syrup, vanilla extract, sea salt, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Can you see how moist and soft these bundt cakes are? And that gooey center? SO GOOD!
These mini cinnamon bundt cakes are delicious still warm, topped with the chilled cashew cream. If you like cinnamon rolls I have no doubt you will love these bundt cakes!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
- 1 cup (150g) raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup (118ml) water
- 3 tbsp (45ml) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup (47g) white rice flour
- 1/3 cup (42g) brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup (56g) tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup (38g) potato starch
- 1/2 cup (48g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (37g) coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 flax egg (2 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 6 tbsp (78ml) water)
- 1/3 cup (78ml) maple syrup
- 1/3 cup (78ml) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup (78ml) melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon Sugar Swirl
- 1/4 cup (37g) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Caramel Sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Drain the soaked cashews and place them in a blender. Add the water, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend on high speed for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a small bowl, cover with plastic film to touch and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a mini bundt cake pan.
- Prepare the flax eggs by mixing the ground flax seeds with 6 tbsp water in a small bowl. Let sit at least 5 minutes, or until it has thickened and has an egg white consistency.
- Prepare the cinnamon sugar: mix the coconut sugar with the cinnamon and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stiff together the white rice flour, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add the flax eggs, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, applesauce, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until fully combined and no lumps remain.
- Pour about 2 tbsp of the batter into each cavity of a mini bundt cake pan. Sprinkle about 3/4 tsp of cinnamon sugar on top and cover with another 3 tbsp of the batter.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before flipping the pan over a cooling rack. Carefully remove the bundt cakes from the cake pan and let cool for another 10 minutes.
- Glaze with the cashew cream, drizzle with caramel sauce, and top with roasted pecans! Bundt cakes are best served the same day but will keep for up to 3 days unglazed at room temperature, or in the refrigerator if glazed. I recommend adding the glaze and toppings just before serving though.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Adjust the consistency by adding more almond butter for a thicker sauce, or maple syrup for a thinner consistency. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Serving Size: 1 Bundt Cake (without toppings)
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 21.2g
- Fat: 13.2g
- Carbohydrates: 45.8g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 2.1g