If you are like me and enjoy granola almost every day, then I have the perfect granola recipe for this summer (or any other season actually)!
This granola is citrusy, coconutty, and a bit salty with crunchy macadamia pieces! It goes perfectly with coconut yogurt, almond milk, or just as a snack.
It requires just 9 ingredients and about 30 minutes to prepare. Rolled oats are first combined with coconut chips. Then comes maple syrup to sweeten, coconut oil to make the granola crunchy, lime juice, lime zest, and some vanilla extract.
You stir all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and then let it sit for about 5 minutes, which is just enough for the oats to soak up the lime juice. Then, roast for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Next, roughly chop your roasted salted macadamias and stir it into the granola.
The addition of lime zest to the granola adds a subtle citrusy flavor that goes so well with the roasted coconut chips and macadamias. This granola has a tropical and fresh flavor that is perfect for summer, but if you love lime as much as I do then the season doesn't matter!
Looking for more granola recipes? Check out these Nutella Stuffed Granola Bars, Chewy Almond Snickerdoodle Granola Bars, of this Chili Cheese Granola for something salty!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Lime, Coconut & Macadamia Granola
- 1 and ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut chips
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon lime zest from about 4 limes
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup roasted macadamias
- Preheat oven to 325 °F (160°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats and coconut chips. Pour in the maple syrup, coconut oil, and lime juice. Add the lime zests and salt.
- Stir until well combined. Let it rest for 5 minutes so the oats can soak up the lime juice.
- Spread on the prepared baking sheet into a single layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the granola is golden brown and crunchy.
- Slightly chop the roasted macadamias and add them to the granola. Mix to combine.
- Enjoy the granola with yogurt, almond milk, or as a snack! This lime and coconut granola will keep for up to 7 days at room temperature in an airtight container.
These flavors are wonderful together. I only had raw macadamia nuts, not salted. I just roasted them, followed the recipe as is and it is so good. I tend to make the same granola all the time and this is a really bright change up. Thanks for another great suggestion!
So glad you liked this granola Izzi!
I’ve been waiting for the limes to ripen on my little backyard tree. Oh, my, it was worth the wait. This granola is delicious over a bowl of fresh fruit with homemade plain vegan yogurt. The bits of lime zest take it a step above the rest.
So happy to hear you like this granola! Thanks for your feedback Kay!