If you are like me and enjoy granola almost every day, then I have the perfect granola recipe for this summer (or any other season actually)!
This granola is citrusy, coconutty, and a bit salty with crunchy macadamia pieces! It goes perfectly with coconut yogurt, almond milk, or just as a snack.
It requires just 9 ingredients and about 30 minutes to prepare. Rolled oats are first combined with coconut chips. Then comes maple syrup to sweeten, coconut oil to make the granola crunchy, lime juice, lime zest, and some vanilla extract.
You stir all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and then let it sit for about 5 minutes, which is just enough for the oats to soak up the lime juice. Then, roast for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Next, roughly chop your roasted salted macadamias and stir it into the granola.
The addition of lime zest to the granola adds a subtle citrusy flavor that goes so well with the roasted coconut chips and macadamias. This granola has a tropical and fresh flavor that is perfect for summer, but if you love lime as much as I do then the season doesn’t matter!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
- 1 and 1/2 cup (135g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (30g) coconut chips
- 1/4 cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30ml) coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp (30ml) lime juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp lime zest (from about 4 limes)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup (40g) roasted macadamias
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats and coconut chips. Pour in the maple syrup, coconut oil, and lime juice. Add the lime zests and salt.
- Stir until well combined. Let it rest for 5 minutes so the oats can soak up the lime juice.
- Spread on the prepared baking sheet into a single layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the granola is golden brown and crunchy.
- Slightly chop the roasted macadamias and add them to the granola. Mix to combine.
- Enjoy the granola with yogurt, almond milk, or as a snack! This lime and coconut granola will keep for up to 7 days at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 10.3g
- Fat: 15.3g
- Carbohydrates: 30.8g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 4.4g