- 1 tbsp vegan butter (or oil)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground chili
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes (or diced)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup non-dairy yogurt (or cashew cream)
- optional toppings: fresh parsley, roasted cashews
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode for 7 minutes. Add the oil. Once hot, add the onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the onions start to caramelize and become soft. Add the dried fenugreek leaves, garam masala, turmeric, chili, cumin, and salt. Continue to cook for another 2 minutes, stirring regularly to make sure it doesn’t burn. The Instant Pot should now turn off.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, maple syrup, and cauliflower florets. Secure the lid and close the vent to Sealing. Press the Pressure Cook button and adjust the time to 2 minutes. The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure, then cook under pressure for 2 minutes.
- Once the program is finished and you have heard the beeps, wait 1 minute and release the pressure. Stir in the non-dairy yogurt and stir to combine.
- Serve hot with rice, naan, or tofu, and top with fresh parsley and roasted cashews.
For a spicier curry, increase the ground chili to 1 teaspoon.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 20.4g
- Fat: 3.8g
- Carbohydrates: 35.1g
- Fiber: 12.5g
- Protein: 9.6g