Anyone else starting to get into the Christmas spirit? I’m not fully in, but I’m doing my best like watching Christmas movies, listening to Spotify holiday playlists, eating chai whoopie pies, and sippin’ on this festive drink!
This non-alcoholic Christmas soda is naturally sweetened with maple syrup, coconut sugar, and infused with cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, and cherries. Ready to make your own soda?!
This recipe requires only 7 ingredients and less than 20 minutes. We start by making the concentrate, which will be the base of our soda.
First, we have coconut sugar and maple syrup that give the concentrate a delicate caramel flavor. Then comes the spices: cinnamon, fresh ginger, anise pod, and vanilla. Finally, I added some dried cherries that pair very well with the vanilla and cinnamon.
Making the concentrate is easy, you combine all the ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a boil and let it infuse for about 10 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and you are done!
To serve, pour 3 tablespoons of the concentrate into a glass and cover with water. There are two ways to serve it: cold with sparkling water and ice cubes, or hot.
Personally, I love both, warm is great for breakfast, or when you are chilling in front of a Christmas movie. Cold makes a delicious and refreshing non-alcoholic appetizer. Cold, or hot, it’s up to you!
I hope you will love this festive soda, it’s packed with holiday flavors and healthier than store-bought soda! Cheers!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Festive Christmas Soda
Homemade soda that is packed with holiday flavors! Cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, maple, and cherries! Can be served cold with sparkling water, or hot for a comforting beverage.
- Yield: 6 Glasses 1x
- 1 cup (235ml) water
- 1/2 cup (90g) coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (30g) dried cherries (or cranberries if you prefer)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or 1 vanilla pod)
- 1 whole anise star
- 3 tbsp concentrate
- 3/4 cup sparkling water
- Add all the ingredients to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it infuse for another 10-15 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl or small pitcher.
- To serve: pour 3 tablespoons of the soda concentrate into a glass and cover with cold sparkling water. Add some ice cubes and enjoy! For a hot drink, use warm still water.
- The soda concentrate will keep for up to one week in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1 Glass
- Calories: 92
- Sugar: 22.4g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 23.7g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0.1g