Chickpeas & pumpkin
- 1/2 sugar pumpkin
- 1 –15-ounces can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, washed, ends and brown leaves trimmed
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 small onion
- 1 shallot
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (or salt to taste)
Orange tahini sauce
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp white rice vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- orange zests (optional)
- water to thin out
- pumpkin seeds
- sesame seeds
Chickpeas & pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and drain the chickpeas (you can remove the skin if you prefer). Place them on paper towels and pat them dry.
- In a bowl, toss the chickpeas with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with the cumin and salt. Stir with a spoon to make sure they are evenly coated with salt and cumin. Place the chickpeas on one half of the baking sheet.
- Wash the sugar pumpkin, slice the stem off. Cut the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds and guts using an ice cream scoop.
- Cut one half into small cubes, reserve the other half for other uses.
- In a bowl, toss the pumpkin cubes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place the pumpkin on the other half of the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the pumpkin is soft and the chickpeas golden brown.
- Place the brussels sprouts, onion and shallot in the feed tube of a food processor fitted with slicing disk. Process in small batches.
- Heat some olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shaved brussels sprouts, onions, shallots, and grated ginger to the skillet. Sauté for about 10 minutes and drizzle with soy sauce. Season with pepper and divide into 3 serving bowls.
- Top with the roasted pumpkin and chickpeas, and drizzle with orange-tahini sauce.
Orange tahini Sauce
- Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until well combined. If needed, add one teaspoon of water at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 381
- Sugar: 13.1g
- Fat: 17.8g
- Carbohydrates: 48.7g
- Fiber: 15g
- Protein: 13.4g