So fudgy, chocolatey and chewy you will want a second piece before even finishing your first one!
If you are in need of a chocolate fix, look no further, these brownies will be your medicine.
Oat and rice flours make the base, then we have coconut sugar to sweeten, cocoa powder for extra flavor, oil for richness, and finally melted dark chocolate.
Please go with high-quality dark chocolate, it will have a huge impact on the final result. For the percentage of cacao, I recommend 70% if you want your brownies chocolatey and not too sweet. If using 50-60% dark chocolate, you might want to lower a bit the amount of coconut sugar.
While optional, I highly recommend adding dark chocolate chunks to the batter. It adds a nice crunch once your brownies are cold. Let’s be honest, fudgy + crunchy is the best.
Last but not least: refrigeration. This step must not be omitted if you want to enjoy the full potential of these brownies. Once cold, the brownies get a super fudgy, chewy, and dense texture that makes them even more addicting! Do not miss this part!
I hope you will love the texture and flavor of these fudgy brownies! They are rich in chocolate, tender, and super easy to prepare.
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Extra Fudgy Vegan Brownies (GF)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a 6x8-inch baking dish or baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: oat flour, white rice flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler. Once melted, remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the almond milk, oil, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients and whisk until fully combined. Pour in the melted chocolate and stir until combined. The batter will thicken, this is normal. At this point, you can add the dark chocolate chunks for more texture. Make sure the batter is not too warm before stirring in the chocolate chunks, otherwise they might melt.
- Transfer the brownie batter to the prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Once cold, transfer to the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before cutting into squares.
- I recommend removing the brownies from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving. They will still be fudgy and just tender!
- Brownies will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.