- 1 cup (~70g) shredded carrots
- 1 cup (~50g) shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup (~50g) sliced red peppers
- 1/4 (~70g) of a medium papaya, sliced
- 2 cups (~60g) chopped lettuce (or other greens)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, lightly packed
- toppings: 1/4 cup fried onions and 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30ml) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15ml) oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp sambal badjak (or other chili paste)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Prepare all the veggies: shred the carrots and cabbage using a grater, or a food processor using the shredding tool. Slice the red bell pepper and papaya, and roughly chop the lettuce.
- Add all the vegetables to a large mixing bowl and add the mint and cilantro.
- Prepare the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, maple syrup, oil, garlic, chili paste, and salt. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and stir to coat.
- Serve topped with fried onions and roasted peanuts. Enjoy immediately, or refrigerate for one hour before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 (with dressing and toppings)
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 13.4g
- Fat: 14.9g
- Carbohydrates: 25.2g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 4.5g