- 4 cups packed chopped lettuce (or your favorite salad)
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 block (100g) of fried tofu, cut into matchsticks (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped basil (I used Thai basil)
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 2 tbsp (30ml) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30ml) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lime juice (more to taste)
- 2 tsp (10ml) toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp (10ml) sriracha (or Sweet Chili Sauce)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp minced ginger (optional)
- Prepare the dressing: In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, maple syrup, lime juice, toasted sesame oil, sriracha, minced garlic, and ginger. Stir to combine.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the chopped lettuce, sliced bell pepper, cucumber, red cabbage, carrots, tofu if using, basil, and mint. Pour in the dressing and stir to coat the salad with the dressing. Taste and adjust sweetness and saltiness to your liking. I ended up adding an additional squeeze of lime, it’s up to you.
- Serve immediately or chill 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving. This salad is best eaten immediately. It’s delicious on its own as an appetizer but also great as a side for lasagna, pizza, noodles, etc!