Looking for a mid-week treat? I have got you covered with these moist double chocolate raspberry muffins!
Gluten-free, super moist, and loaded with gooey chocolate chips and fresh raspberries, these muffins are also acceptable for breakfast. Let's bake!
If you have tried my Cream Cheese Banana Bread, this recipe will look similar as I use the same batter here.
The batter requires a mix of three flours: oat flour, almond flour, and white rice flour. This mix makes the muffins soft and fluffy, and as opposed to many other gluten-free blends, they are not gritty at all.
Next, we have cocoa powder AND chocolate chips for that double chocolate factor. Finally, to sweeten the muffins, I went with ripe bananas that also add moisture, and coconut sugar. Don't worry you can't taste the bananas that much.
You simply mix everything together until you get a smooth and thick batter before folding in a generous handful of raspberries. I prefer to fold in the raspberries at the end and not overmix otherwise they will get mashed. Feel free to use fresh or frozen raspberries, both work well.
The final step is to fill cupcake liners with the batter and throw it in the oven!
Twenty minutes later your kitchen should have a wonderful chocolate smell and your little muffins should have puffed. It's time to let these big boys cool down before removing them from the pan.
Can you see those melty chocolate chips and juicy raspberries?!
The raspberries not only add freshness but also makes these muffins lighter and fluffier. Plus the combination of raspberry + chocolate never fails. If you like to combine fruits and chocolate, you should definitely try this one!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Double Chocolate Raspberry Banana Muffins (Vegan + GF)
- ⅓ cup 30g almond flour
- ⅓ cup 50g white rice flour
- ⅓ cup 30g oat flour
- ½ cup 70g coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoon 22g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup 78ml almond milk
- ⅓ cup mashed banana about 1 and ½ banana
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips or chunks
- ⅓ cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°FC). Line 6-count muffin pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, white rice flour, oat flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
- Pour in the almond milk and whisk until combined. Next, add the mashed banana, vanilla extract, salt, and chocolate chips. Mix using a wooden spoon until fully combined.
- Carefully fold in the raspberries and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each liner all the way to the top. Top with a few additional chocolate chips for a better look.
- Bake for 22 minutes. Let the muffins cool completely before removing them from the pan.
- Muffins will keep for up to 3 days stored in a box at room temperature.