Inspired by the Ben & Jerry cookie dough chunks, these chewy little bites are packed with a buttery cinnamon flavor! Perfect to have as a mid-afternoon snack, delicious frozen, and quick to prepare!
Think of these as mini, snackable, bite-size cinnamon buns!
Instead of going with a simple cookie dough flavored with cinnamon, we are taking it to the next level by actually rolling the cookie dough around a cinnamon coconut sugar filling! Not only it looks cooler (hey mini buns!), but it packs even more cinnamon flavor!
The cookie dough requires just 6 ingredients. Combine oat flour, almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Next, you want to divide the dough into 5 pieces.
Flatten one piece of dough into a thin and long rectangle and sprinkle with cinnamon coconut sugar, leaving about ½ inch on the side. Next, you want to roll it tightly with the help of a plastic wrap into a long log. Repeat with the remaining dough and freeze the rolls for about 30 minutes before cutting into little bites!
I recommend storing these in the freezer. Yes, they stay chewy (and a bit crispy) frozen! It makes a delicious snack straight from the freezer, but can also be added to homemade ice cream, banana ice cream, or used as a topping for yogurt or even oatmeal!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Cinnamon Bun Cookie Dough Bites
- 1 and ½ tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prepare the cinnamon sugar: in a small bowl, mix together the coconut sugar and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- Add the oat flour, almond flour, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and salt to a mixing bowl. Mix until it forms a slightly sticky dough. If the mixture appears too dry, add a bit more maple syrup. If it's too sticky, add more oat flour.
- Divide the dough into 5 pieces and keep them covered to prevent it from drying. Roll out one piece of dough into a rectangle of about 8x2-inch (1/16-inch-thick) on a piece of plastic wrap. Sprinkle about ¾ teaspoon of the cinnamon sugar on top of the flattened dough, leaving about ½ inch on one side of the rectangle. Slightly press the sugar onto the dough to make it stick.
- Use the plastic wrap to help you wrap the roll tightly into a long log. Be patient and roll it slowly. Press a little bit at the end to seal. Transfer to a plate or in a container and repeat with the remaining dough.
- Transfer the logs to the freezer and freeze for 30 minutes before cutting each log into mini cinnamon rolls of about ½-inch thickness.
- Mini cinnamon buns will keep for up to 2 months in the freezer. Enjoy straight from the freezer at a topping for ice cream, oatmeal, or just as a snack!