Introducing an incredibly fresh, tangy, and super easy lemongrass-infused salad!
This salad is flavored with plenty of lime, fresh cilantro, shallots, and garlic, and comes together in just 30 minutes! A flavorful summer entrée!
First, shallots, garlic, and finely chopped lemongrass are sautéed for a few minutes until fragrant.
I went with frozen minced lemongrass, but it works with fresh lemongrass as well. Just make sure to mince it very thinly and only use the white part of the lemongrass as the green part tends to be hard and woody.
Once this is done, transfer the sautéed aromatics as well as the remaining oil to a small bowl. We will now prepare the dressing:
- Soy sauce: for saltiness and umami.
- Fresh lime juice: for freshness. Feel free to add some lime zest as well for extra flavor!
- Coconut sugar: to balance with the lime.
- And finally, a lot of freshly chopped cilantro.
Coat the cooked pasta with the dressing, add some cucumber slices for crunchiness, and serve chilled!
Customize it: This recipe is versatile, you can definitely add more raw veggies like carrots, avocado, red cabbage, white beans, etc, or even tofu for extra protein!
This salad is super quick to prepare and packs a ton of zesty flavors coming from the lemongrass, lime, and cilantro! A winning combination!
Serve as a main, or as a side with your favorite plant-based protein for a more complete meal.
Looking for more simple salad recipes? Check out this Mint and Lemon Quinoa Salad, 10-Minute Ginger & Carrot Kale Salad, or this Black Pepper Tofu Quinoa Salad!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Cilantro & Lemongrass Pasta Salad
- 1 and ½ cup dry pasta Preferably Fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 and ½ tablespoon finely minced lemongrass
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ¼ cup packed fresh cilantro very finely chopped (about 3 tablespoon chopped)
- ¼ cup chopped cucumbers optional
- Start by cooking the pasta. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions. Drain and let it cool. Alternatively, you can rinse the pasta under cold water to cool it faster. Transfer to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the minced shallot, garlic, and lemongrass and sauté for about 3 minutes, or until fragrant. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Add the lime juice, soy sauce, coconut sugar, and chopped cilantro, and mix to combine. Pour the dressing over the cooked pasta and stir to coat. Add the chopped cucumbers and stir again.
- Serve immediately, or chill for another 2-3 hours in the refrigerator. This salad will keep for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
Mmmmm, yummy. This looks purrrr-fect for a picnic.
I love this recipe. Took me longer prep, longer saute time bcs lemongrass is very fibrous. Am making it again trying a little lemongrass paste to add for stronger lemon flavor. Great to throw in lemon shrimp
Glad you liked the recipe Barbara, thanks for your rating 🙂