- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup quick oats (or rolled oats)
- 1/4 cup hazelnut meal*
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (use coconut sugar sweetened chocolate chips for refined sugar-free)
- optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until combined. Transfer the mix to a glass jar and keep at room temperature for up to 1 month.
- To use the mix: Place about 1/2 cup of the mix in a saucepan, add 3/4 cup of almond milk and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until the oatmeal has thickened. You may use more or less milk depending on the texture you prefer.
- This mix can also be eaten with cold milk like overnight oats, simply combine 1/2 cup of plant-based milk and 1/2 cup of the mix in a bowl or jar and stir until well combined. Let sit a couple minutes, or even better overnight in the refrigerator.
* To make your own hazelnut meal, place 1/2 cup of roasted hazelnuts in a food processor and process until it looks like almond flour.
For a mix that doesn’t require milk (just water), feel free to add 3 tbsp of coconut milk powder for extra creaminess.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup of the mix
- Calories: 174
- Sugar: 8.9g
- Fat: 4.9g
- Carbohydrates: 30.2g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 5.2g