- 1 and 1/2 cup (144g) almond flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp (112g) oat flour
- 5 tbsp (75ml) maple syrup
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract
- 2 tsp (10ml) coconut oil, soft
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (43g) chocolate chips (mini are best)
- 1 and 1/2 cup (354ml) almond milk
- 1 cup (236ml) coconut cream
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp (62g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (47g) coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp (16g) cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp agar agar powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
Optional: toasted coconut for topping
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, oat flour, maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and salt. Mix until it forms a dough. Stir in the chocolate chips and mix again until fully incorporated.
- Line the bottom of a 7-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Transfer the cookie dough to the prepared pan and press it down firmly into an even layer. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Add the almond milk, coconut cream, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, cornstarch, and salt to a medium-size saucepan. Heat over medium heat, whisking regularly to dissolve the sugar and cocoa powder.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the agar powder in one tablespoon of almond milk. Add it to the saucepan. Keep heating and whisking until it starts to boil. As soon as it boils, remove from heat, stir in the vanilla extract and whisk again to incorporate. Let the chocolate mixture cool for about 20 minutes before pouring over the cookie dough crust. Note: a skin may have formed on top of the chocolate mixture, remove it using a spoon before pouring into the pan.
- Let it cool for another hour at room temperature before transferring to the refrigerator. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Top with toasted coconut and serve fresh! This chocolate flan will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 11.6g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 25.5g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4.8g