- 1/2 cup (48g) almond flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup (55g) coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 3 tbsp water)
- 3 tbsp (45ml) coconut oil, softened
- 1 tbsp (15ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (60g) chopped dark chocolate
- optional: sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a 4×7 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, and baking soda. Prepare the flax egg and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the flax egg, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, mix everything together until it forms a soft dough. Stir in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking dish and spread it into an even layer.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into bars. Be careful, if you don’t let it cool the bars might scramble a bit.
- These blondies will keep for up to 3 days at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator for fudgy bars!
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: 10.5g
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 17.5g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 2.9g