I could not wait any longer to share this recipe. These blondies are chewy, fudgy, and loaded with big melty chocolate chunks. Plus they are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and require just 9 ingredients!
Buckwheat flour gives these blondies a delicate nutty flavor and a dense cookie-like texture. Let’s bake!
The base consists of buckwheat flour combined with almond flour. Then we have coconut sugar to add sweetness, a flax egg that helps the blondies hold together, coconut oil for richness, and vanilla extract for flavor.
Instead of chocolate chips, I went with 70% dark chocolate chunks. It not only makes the blondies extra chocolatey but you end up with BIG chunks of chocolate. It’s simply better than regular chocolate chips, no debate here.
Once your dough is ready, press it into a baking pan and bake for until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
The result are chewy, perfectly sweet blondies with hints of vanilla, a subtle nuttiness, and big chocolate chunks. No need to say these are quite addicting!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Chocolate Chunk Buckwheat Blondies (Vegan + GF)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a 4x7 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, and baking soda. Prepare the flax egg and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the flax egg, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, mix everything together until it forms a soft dough. Stir in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking dish and spread it into an even layer.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into bars. Be careful, if you don't let it cool the bars might scramble a bit.
- These blondies will keep for up to 3 days at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator for fudgy bars!