In need of a sweet and cinnamon-y movie snack for the weekend?
I have got you covered with these crispy chai-spiced tortilla chips! Flavored with cinnamon, cardamom, vanilla, and baked until caramelized!
If you have a packet of tortillas opened and don’t feel like making more tacos, this recipe is perfect to make use of those leftovers!
Start by cutting your tortillas into bite-size triangles and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Now, let’s prepare the coating. Combine maple syrup for sweetness, oil to get our chips crispy, spices, and vanilla extract. For the spices, I went with a combination of cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and nutmeg. If you have already made Chai mix, just replace all the spices with 1 teaspoon of the mix.
Brush the tortilla chips with the coating on both sides and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until caramelized!
If you want to take these chips to the next level, sprinkle some finely chopped nuts on top before baking. It will add another level of crunchiness!
These tortilla chips are super crispy, perfectly caramelized, and so addicting! It has become my favorite movie snack!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
Chai Spiced Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the tortillas on a cutting board and cut them into triangles (like tortilla chips). Place the chips on the prepared baking sheet into an even layer. Make sure they don't touch each other or are overlapping.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, oil, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and salt. Using a pastry brush, brush all the tortilla chips with the liquid. Flip the tortilla chips and brush the other side as well.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, flipping the chips halfway through baking, or until the tortilla chips are caramelized (keep an eye on it to make sure they don't burn). Remove from the oven and let cook for about 10 minutes before transferring to a serving bowl. Chips will be soft straight from the oven but will become crispy as they cool.
- Serve as is, or dip in apple sauce or chocolate sauce! These tortilla chips are best served the same day, after a day the chips tend to lose some of their crispiness.